Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Po Fi

The next day Robert hurried to the police station to report what happened to Ruth – or at least all he could remember. As he walked to the station he tried his best to remember it all but it was like his mind had been erased. All he had was his throbbing head and bruised face. Every now and again tidbits of information would reveal themselves to him. When he passed the bus stop he suddenly remembered that Ruth was at the bus stop when the sound of shattered glass filled her ears and the intolerable pain came over her. Somehow Ruth ended up in a basement, tied to a pole. Next she was naked, revealing herself as a man. The cursing that she heard as a result almost made her embarrassed. After getting a glimpse of the map who had been saying these things to her, she was left on the street.
“This morning I woke up on the side of the street,” Robert exclaimed, exhausted after arriving at the police station.
“In this town, tell me sometime new,” the cop replied.
“This is serious,” Robert yelled.
“I’m being serious too man, lady, whatever you are,” the cop said.
Robert couldn’t believe what was happening in front of him. Here he was reporting what was a crime and all the cop could do was crack jokes.
“I am begging you,” Robert pleaded, “please help.”
“I am trying to but first you have to tell me what happened.”
“I don’t know much. All I remember is that I was hit on the head with a bottle and taken to this strange place and then left alone on the street.”
“Do you know who did this?” The officer asked.
“No,” Robert said, “I but I did see him. I just can’t describe him.”
“Well ma’am, sir, sir,” the cop said, “in order for us to help you, you have to help us help you.”
“I just don’t know. I need help.”
“Well I just told you – ” The officer was interrupted by the door opening abruptly.
Into the station came a woman in handcuffs. She looked so out – of – place. She was crying saying how she didn’t mean to do it and the she was only trying to protect herself. A stern “Ms. Lewis” made her stop it all. Robert could tell he wouldn’t get any attention with “Ms. Lewis” there so he decided he would handle the issue on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment